NoTubes ZTR Alpine Rim
Stan's ZTR Alpine Rims - lightweight XC rims in black or white
The ZTR Alpine replaces the previous ZTR Olympic and features the first implementation of the next generation BST. A wider inside rim cavity with shorter sidewalls means improved tire performance at equivalent pressures as well as decreased pinch flats. Still light at 330g.
Get these built up as wheels with your choice of nipples, spokes and hubs.
Lighter than the ZTR Olympic on which it is based, the ZTR Alpine also receives the first implementation of the next generation BST. A wider inside rim cavity with shorter sidewalls means improved tire performance at equivalent pressures as well as decreased pinch flats.
Fully tubeless compatible with the yellow tape and valve stem.
- Every other rim in the world has a bead hook. This rim does not.
- This new rim design will eliminate the bead hook and move the sidewall of the rim down by 2-3mm.
- By eliminating the bead hook and lowering the sidewall by 2-3mm we reduce the weight of the rim. Some of this material can be used in the center part of the rim making it stronger and stiffer.
- The curve of the rim sidewall is the same shape as the bead of the tire so they fit together like a ball and socket joint. This design will help reduce the strain on the tire bead while creating a tighter seal.
- By lowering the sidewall of the rim we also reduce the mechanical leverage the tire has on the rim. This will make the rim stiffer and last longer by eliminating flexing that can cause cracking.
- With these short sidewalls the tire should not hit the rim and pinch flat as often as standard rims, either with or without tubes. This design will allow you to run lower pressures and use 4mm more of the tire than ever before. The tire will have larger air volume giving you better traction than any rim in the world.
- Can be used with or without tubes.
- weight : ~ 330g
26" Black 32h
26" White 32h