Torus Fillet-Brazed Steel 29er Frames
The Steel 29er from Torus Bicycles is an instant modern classic. A fusion of fillet brazed steel yields a light weight, but durable frame, with that unmistakeable steel ride quality.
Reynolds 853 is used for the front triangle to provide a stiff front end. Double-butted 520 cromoly is used for the rear triangle, to help keep the weight down. The sliding dropouts are made using stainless steel, so you won’t get the paint chipping off as you tighten the bolts.
The steel 29er was designed in the UK, by Justin Burls, as a versatile cross country trail bike. You can run it single speed, or with gears, rigid or with suspension. The choice is yours. But the 29 inch wheels and classic steel tubing guarantee a smooth ride.
- Clee Cycles’ geometry - long and low
- Fillet brazed steel tubing – Reynolds 853 front, double butted 520 Cromoly rear
- Stainless dropout sliders with replaceable black anodised 7000 series alloy dropout plates
- Traditional 38mm headtube for use with standard (1.125”) steerer tubes
- 35mm down tube, 31.9 mm seat tube (27.2 mm seat post)
- 73 mm BB shell
- Available in medium (17.5”) and large (19”) sizes
- Weight: TBDg (medium), TBDg (large) – includes dropouts
|Frame Size (inches)||Seat Tube (mm)||Effective Top Tube (mm)||Head Angle (deg.)||Seat Angle (deg.)||Head Tube (mm)||Chain Stay (mm)||BB Height (mm)||BB Drop (mm)||Crown-Axle (mm)||Weight (kg)|
5'6" - 5'11"
168cm - 180cm
5'10" - 6'3"
178cm - 190cm
|Recommended Frame Size||TBD||17.5"||19"||TBD|
Please note that these numbers are only recommendations. The size of frame that will best suit you, and your preferred riding style, may differ from those quoted above. If you are unsure of the correct size, or would like to discuss sizing further, then please Contact Us.