American Classic Argent Road Tubeless Wheelset
Argent Tubeless Wheelset - new for 2013 - super tough and lightweight racing wheelset from American classic. These are a slightly deeper rim than the Road Tubeless wheels at 30mm, and nice and wide at 22mm to give that tub-like ride with a genuine tubeless tyre (you can't use standard road clincher tyres without an inner tube). These still use the classic AC Road HI-Low and Micro58 hubs in the new gray colour, with AC's own bladed spokes in a robust 18h radial front and 24h tri-cross rear lacing pattern.
We weighed these at Front : 591g Rear : 780g making 1371g a pair including tubeless air-tight tape!
American Classic say :-
Riders are obsessed with tubeless technology and we've unleashed the world’s fastest, most advanced deep tubeless road wheels for racing and training. Driven by vision and created by hard work, Bill Shook designed this breakthrough Argent tubeless wheel system emphasizing durability and stiffness in a concept Bill calls, “multi-plying lightness.” The wide aerodynamic rim is 22mm wide x 30mm deep and only 390 grams. Bead barb technology hooks on the tire bead to secure the tires in place without burping. Ride smaller, lighter tires because they spread out across the wide rim. Low spoke count Series 3 lacing for torsional stability and stiffness. Hand built Argent’s are championed for their quick accelerations, solid cornering, fast climbing and descending. When seconds count in the relentless pursuit to win, Argent wheels deliver the ultimate technological advantage.
- RIMS : Argent Road Tubeless 390 gr Aluminum Clincher Rims 700c
- SPOKES : AC Bladed Spokes Black | AC Aluminum Nipples Silver 18h Radial Front | 24h 3-Cross Drive, Radial non-Drive Rear
- WEIGHT : FRONT 586gr | REAR 786gr | PAIR 1372gr
- HUB/SPACING : FRONT Micro 58 100mm | REAR AC High-Low 130mm Rear Spline Shimano/SRAM 9/10, Shimano 11 or Campagnolo 9/10/11
- LOOK/COLOR : AC Black Uppercut with Gray Hubs
- INCLUDED : AC Tubeless Road Tape Installed | AC Tubeless Valves
- QUICK RELEASE : Cromoly QR’s
Argent 2013 Shimano