Muckynutz Butt Fender 2015
The Butt Fender his now 40mm longer, providing even more protection.
New Improved Material! Now made from a customized polypropylene material which makes the fender slightly thicker, stiffer and stronger whilst keeping weight to a minimum.
It attaches to the saddle rails, with no need for additional fasteners, and hangs over the back wheel, protecting the rider against 'soggy arse syndrome'.
Soggy Arse Syndrome: "the effect caused by the rear wheel throwing mud and rainwater to your lower back region, which then soaks through to your derrière, leading to a very uncomfortable chafing feeling, especially on those longer rides". Shudder!!
So if you're prone to this problem and are looking for a light-weight, minimalist solution, weighing in at just 19g; look no further!!!.
Here's a summary of the Butt Fender's plus points: -
- It prevents 'soggy arse syndrome' i.e. your derrière getting soaked from the mud and rainwater thrown from your back wheel.
- It is fitted as close as possible to said back face for optimum 'muck' catching.
- It prevents the top of your seat post from getting clogged up.
- Discretion is its middle name. It's small but effective.
- It's possibly the lightest rear mudguard available, at just 19g.
- No need for separate fasteners, so it's easy to fit and take off.
- It's compatible with all standard double rail saddles, so long as they don't have any daft bits hanging off the rear. See Additional Images for clarification!
- When off, it's easy to clean as it's flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you're done.